F & B Manager
Food and BEVERAGE managers
Position responsible for all the food and beverage operations, which includes all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations. Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals. Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in all applicable food and beverage laws and regulations. Develops and implements a business plan for food and beverage.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Develops and manages all financial, employee engagement and guest satisfaction plans and actions for the Food and Beverage departments.
• Maintains a positive cost management strategy and index for kitchen and restaurant operations.
• Utilises budgets to understand financial objectives.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Manages the Food and Beverage departments (not catering sales).
• Supervises and oversees employees. Oversees all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Utilises interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Oversees all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasises motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
• Responds quickly and proactively to employee's concerns.
• Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
Offers proactive coaching and counselling to team members.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise, and accomplish your work.
• Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritise the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
• Sets clear expectations with the employees and team leaders and ensures that appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Responds quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
• Understands the brand's service culture.
• Ensures that all employees, team leaders and managers understand the brand's service culture.
• Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
• Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or the appropriate manager or employee have addressed it.
• Ensures all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest's expectations.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Conducts performance reviews promptly.
• Promotes both Guarantees of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
• Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based on employee engagement and guest satisfaction results.
• Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes data and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and property meetings.